Thank you all for your very kind comments and emails about the baby news! And thank you so much for the input on this blog and its future. I know how lucky I am to get to do this for a living and I don't take that for granted. Thanks for giving me some time and space to figure out my next move. In the meantime, I'll still be here a couple times each week so don't give up on me yet!  :)

 photo MR9.jpg

 photo LR6.jpg

 photo LR13.jpg

 photo LR14.jpg

In other news, we finished painting the floors in the studio this weekend!! I used the pre-mixed white Rustoleum enamel and rolled on the paint in a really thick coat - no primer or top coat necessary. I LOVE how glossy it is!

The fabric shelves in the studio are almost all organized too and we'll be sending out special textiles to be made into pillows to sell on the new site (or at least that is the plan). There will be some made out of the fabrics that I only had small quantities of, but I also like the idea of using found textiles to make pillows too. I used a vintage serape blanket to make a bolster pillow for the daybed in the library and I really love how it turned out. It's such a fun piece of the design puzzle of these rooms that are all open to each other.

 photo E10.jpg

I'm so happy with how the colorful striped pattern of the serape mixes with the neutral color but big pattern of the Bengal Bazaar linen on the upholstery.

 photo classy1.jpg

 photo LR29.jpg

Plus, I think you just can't go wrong with a good bolster pillow! I love the oversized shape. I picked up the fluffy down insert on sale at West Elm for just a few dollars last year. It's a good one.

 photo LR28copy.jpg

A little note though (in case you want to try something similar yourself). With woven textiles like a blanket, you'll want to iron on a fusible backing to help keep the fibers together, since the weave is not really meant to be cut. You can find the inexpensive iron-on backing at Joanns or pretty much any fabric store.

 photo LR15.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top