I am in the middle of what shall henceforth be known as The Great Sconce Hunt of 2014. I need no less than SIX pairs of sconces for upcoming projects (that I'm so excited to share with you all - exciting stuff happening around here!). I've searched high and low for cool, modern and expensive-looking sconces for less than $150 each, which I think is officially my "expensive" threshold when it comes to most lighting (chandeliers excluded). I want several of them to be brass or to have brass accents.

 photo lampcloseup.jpg

Here are the ones I've really been drawn to and I'd LOVE to hear if you have seen any others that fit the inexpensive/awesome/modern/amazing bill!

 photo headboardwide.jpg

First up is this AMAZING beauty. I'm already breaking my rule (these are about $180), but there is a smaller version for $150. The four extra sockets are worth the extra thirty dollars to me though! Man, I love this sconce! The makers are Arizona locals and it looks like they take custom orders. I will be making friends with these people! :)  (PS Some of you have been looking for a maker from the Gossip Girl sconces - I think it would be worth reaching out to Lucent Lightshop for a quote)

 photo il_570xN578739402_hujg.jpg

Shop One Forty Three is a blogger favorite for good reason! This two-light sconce is only $65!

 photo IMG_2446_1024x1024.jpg

The Urban Outfitter Eyeball sconce is an easy favorite (I used it in Heather's old room above), but they came out with a chrome and shiny brass finish recently. Can't beat $29!

 photo ScreenShot2014-04-10at94845PM.png

I love the mix of metals in this RH sconce. It's on final sale, so get 'em while they're hot!

 photo rhbc_prod395530.jpeg

These sconces are so cool and they might be making an appearance in my kitchen. I love the fresh shape and the brass finish. Very cool. And so worth $159.

 photo TiltCone.jpg
This eyeball sconce from Schoolhouse Electric comes in black too, but how pretty is this cherry red?! I would love a pair of these for my bedside lamps.

 photo 2540078ps_1.jpg

I LOVE the shape of the shade on this adjustable sconce. So pretty! And I can't believe it's only $129 (full price!) from Restoration Hardware. Part of me loves the loose cord and the other part of me thinks it would drive me crazy in real life...

 photo E32210056_TQ.jpeg

These $67 sconces are a new find for me. I love the ceramic canopies and the knuckle hinge joints. I already bought a pair of these for a bathroom we're working on. I can't wait to install them this week!

 photo il_570xN578447261_ddxa.jpg

Okay, so spill the beans! Which sconces am I missing here? Do you have any of the above?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top