A long time ago, I fell in love with a rust-colored velvet slipper chair I saw at Lillian August. I loved the cream contrasting welt. It felt so pretty and fresh to me!

 photo bIMG_3785.jpg

 photo vIMG_3788.jpg

A year or two later, I found this tight-backed slipper chair at the Restoration Hardware outlet from their deconstructed line.

 photo ccIMG_8972.jpg

 photo vIMG_8971.jpg

I think it was about $100. We kept it in our living room in the brownstone while I was trying to figure out what fabric to cover it in (or really, just trying to find the time to do it).

 photo aDSC_0111.jpg

Then after we moved to Phoenix and while I was rushing to get the house ready for the Domino shoot, I popped into one of my favorite local fabric stores called SAS Fabrics (the one on Indian School is the best) and I found a few yards of the prettiest deep rust, almost oxblood, mohair fabric there for only $3.99 a yard! I used a lot of dusty mint colors in our library and music room area and I loved how these colors looked together.

 photo vIMG_4687.jpg

I had my upholsterer follow the curve of the back and sides with a cream piping, inspired by the Lillian August chair that I saw so many years ago.

 photo LR4.jpg

 photo LR2.jpg

Isn't it funny how some things just sort of stay with you? I'm so glad I finally got my rust slipper chair. I feel like it was a long time coming! :)

 photo LR1.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top