Remember my wire barstools? I had been planning to paint them for a while and when we finished the kitchen redo, it was time to figure something out.

 photo zIMG_0611.jpg

Any time I'm looking for inspiration (or if I'm just bored, which is weird, I know) I hop over to 1st Dibs or Chairish to get inspired by beautiful antique and vintage furniture. I saw these Bertoia stools on 1st Dibs and I LOVED the color combo of cream on the seat and black on the legs.

 photo b1_l.jpeg

I found the perfect color of ivory semi-gloss spray paint called Navajo White from Rustoleum. It's so pretty and warm!

 photo stools1.jpg

I used Rustoleum's black enamel for the bases and then reconnected the two.

 photo stool2.jpg

They looked instantly more vintage to me! And somehow the paint helps the metal not feel as cold to the touch? Either way, the paint job was a big improvement!

 photo stool3.jpg

And I really love how they look in my kitchen! The wire backs are surprisingly comfortable, but I wouldn't be opposed to figuring out a way to add some additional padding.

 photo 61.jpg

 photo 50.jpg

Right now we just have some little white vinyl pads on the seats that came with the stools.

 photo 59.jpg

I like the look of these black seats against the ivory.

 photo 1007.jpg

But I also really like the fully upholstered look. The official Knoll pads are prohibitively expensive, but I think I could maybe figure out a way to make something?

 photo 859807_l.jpg

Last time I was in New York a month or two ago, I sat in these stools at ABC that had leather Knoll pads on the seat and on the back. I really love the clean look and the back pad upped the comfort level by a LOT. 

 photo IMG_4347.jpg

I'm thinking this version might be a little more DIY friendly, too. I think the tricky part would be figuring out a way to stiffened or double up the leather. It was pretty stiff stuff. 

 photo IMG_4349.jpg

Dying over those little straps. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top