Is it a big surprise that I love almost any shade of green? A recent favorite is Farrow & Ball's Arsenic, one of their brighter shades. It is such a happy color! We used mostly neutrals in our kitchen (creamy white cabinets, black counters, mid-tone gray floors, pale gray walls). I really wanted to bring in a pop of color and the two exterior doors in the room felt like the perfect place. This image from Domino of Ruthie Sommer's office kitchen kept coming to mind:

 photo DominoRuthieSommersKitchen.jpg

Before we did anything to the kitchen, all the cabinets and doors were a really deep chocolate color:

 photo DSC_0593.jpg

A couple coats of Arsenic (and a whole kitchen redo) later and we were in business!

 photo 50.jpg

There are still some touch ups I need to do, and some cleaning on the glass, but I LOVE the color.

 photo 60.jpg

If you don't have an exterior door or two in your kitchen like I do, I think a pantry door is a really great place to have fun with color. Yellow doors are another favorite of mine. :)

 photo 59.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top