photo MR1.jpg

I've always loved the look of a smaller stool rather than a big bench in front of a piano. We keep all of our piano music in the tiger chest in the library, so we didn't really need a bench for storage purposes. I found this antique adjustable height stool on Craigslist for about $40. The size was perfect, it just needed a paint job to better work in our music room.


 photo ScreenShot2014-09-30at100839PM.png

I wanted a creamy white color to pop against the black of our piano, so I picked up a can of Rustoleum's Heirloom White spray paint, which is a great warm white. We taped off the crystal feet first and I love how the color turned out.

 photo IMG_5629.jpg

The seat top was a little worse for the wear though and the new paint job seemed to only highlight the imperfections, so I grabbed a little flokati rug from IKEA, trimmed it down a bit and upholstered the seat top with my trusty staple gun.  It was a quick two-minute job! My favorite type of DIY! :)

 photo MR8.jpg

I love the tone on tone colors of the stool and the sheepskin together, and the new texture was a welcome addition to the space I think. Plus the sheepskin bumped up the stool's comfort factor by a lot without ruining the height-adjustable factor.

 photo IMG_7716.jpg

 photo IMG_3519.jpg

 photo MR9.jpg

Have you seen any cool upholstery projects lately using these flokati rugs? Here's a round up of some of my favorite projects and images - I think a sheepskin is gorgeous in just about any room! I am working on some changes to the studio right now and there is a little footstool in the space that is begging for a fluffy new top.  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top