I've always been drawn to shots of bright, clear sky blue in kid's spaces.  Here are a few of my favorite rooms:

 photo velvetandlinenkidsart.jpg
Velvet and Linen

 photo pattern-kids-room-0511mla105175_hd.jpg
Martha Stewart Living

 photo 04-hbx-gallery-wall-kids-room-1213-de.jpg
House Beautiful

 photo Kidsroomgirl-cottageliving.jpg
Cottage Living

We really needed some good bookshelves for the kids books in the playroom (and a great shot of sky blue color!). I found these at a local antique market called Merchant Square on sale for something pretty inexpensive like $100 or $150 for the pair. The barn red color was not working for me, but the shape of the shelves, with the angled corners was seriously calling my name!


 photo IMG_2965.jpg

I had a left over quart of Farrow and Ball's Blue Ground, which is a great color of bright sky blue. We brushed on a coat or two and added some of these super-cheap acrylic IKEA pulls to the cabinet doors and we were in business!

 photo IMG_3670.jpg

 photo IMG_3780.jpg

 photo IMG_3651.jpg

We color coordinated the books right before the Domino shoot, and I've been surprised that the kids have been pretty diligent since then about replacing the books to their right shelf after reading. I think easy organization (especially a simple system like this one - by color) helps kids want to keep spaces tidy.

 photo IMG_3771.jpg

And of course I love the sky blue color in the space! It's a pretty close match to the color of the clouds in the Hygge & West wallpaper print on the ceiling.

 photo IMG_3662.jpg

 photo IMG_3691.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top